Is that to say you can't find good mountain bikes for a reasonable price?
You don't have to sacrifice the most thrilling riding experiences on a bike for those who are limited on their budget. You can still enjoy all the benefits of mountain biking with a best Cheap Mountain Bikes under 200.
The top ten mountain bikes that we reviewed offer a great alternative to expensive specialized bikes, whether you are looking for road riding or high-altitude trails.
These models are designed for different riding styles and offer similar features to higher-end two-wheeled vehicles, but at a more affordable price.
After spending 30 hours researching and reading hundreds of reviews from customers, the Schwinn high timber mountain bikes is highly recommended.
This bike is a contender, and it's also one of the most popular affordable mountain bikes in comparison to other models.
The Best Mountain Bike for Under 200
1. Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bicycle
You need a bike that can handle the toughest terrain and is reliable.
This Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bicycle is considered to be the best value mountain bike under 200.
The 21-speed Shimano twist shifters and drivetrain are smooth and effortless. You are in complete control with wide knobby tires that can withstand even the most difficult trails.
The 26-inch alloy wheels ensure that it can withstand any terrain, dry or wet.
This bike's steel frame is durable and can withstand most conditions. It is slightly heavier than its counterparts, but this adds up to a significant difference on the trail.
It is still more reliable than an aluminium tubular frame. However, if weight is an issue, other options might be available depending on your preferences.
The bike is loaded with great features. These are the advantages and disadvantages of this bike.
- For controlled riding on rough trails, the Steel frame comes with a Schwinn suspension fork.
- 21-speed rear derailleur allows for quick gear changes while on the trail.
- It is easy to assemble and takes approximately half an hour.
- It can be easily upgraded, so you can adjust the parts to your needs.
- The limited lifetime warranty is included.
- It might need to be replaced with another component.
- It also comes with plastic pedals.
- It can be uncomfortable to sit on the saddle.
- It is quite heavy.
Amazon's rating of this Schwinn bike is fair. Perhaps because it comes in a few colors to choose from.
This mountain bike is a great entry-level choice because of its affordable price. For more information, click the following link:
What do you think of Schwinn's brand? See our top Schwinn bikes reviews here
2. Mongoose Status 2.
This Mongoose Status 2 Mountain Bike looks great and has a great attitude. This bike is well-designed and can handle a wider range of riding styles thanks to its hydro-formed tubing.
The powerful, reliable suspension helps to smoothen out bumpy roads and gives you control. It also provides stability and support that keep you moving and upright.
This aluminum frame bike has a quick shifting Shimano rear derailleur, and the right gearing to make it easy to tackle the most challenging trails.
The rims are made of lightweight alloy and have knobby mountain tires measuring 2.125 inches in width. They will easily roll over any obstacle.
The front and rear v brakes help you control your speed while ensuring maximum stopping power when necessary. You can also choose from a 21-speed gear.
It is quite heavy for an aluminum frame bike, as the bike weighs 36.4 pounds. This bike is made for those who push the limits every time they ride.
- Strong and reliable aluminum frame with a strong front suspension fork.
- 21 speeds and Shimano rear derailleur make it easy to change gears on any ride.
- Rear and front v brakes provide quick stops on the trail.
- 26x2.125 inch tires and lightweight alloy rims are durable and can be used over any surface.
- Assembly takes only 30 minutes
- It has sure-grip handlebars.
- It can be hard to assemble.
- The handlebars don't stay in place.
- You will need to make many adjustments.
- The warranty is limited to one year.
This aluminum bike is surprisingly low-rated on Amazon. It has a very reasonable price. You can find more information on this bike here
3. Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike
This lightweight bike was designed for entry-level riders of the younger generation. It is ideal for training with ages 14-18. It can support up to 250 pounds and offers excellent riding control.
This bike is smaller and has a 24-inch front and back wheel. It's the perfect bike for kids to enjoy the great outdoors.
The lightweight Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike is a great choice for novice mountain bikers.
This bike is easy to maintain and will bring back special family moments.
This bike measures 26 inches in overall length and features 2.10-inch knobby tires that provide good grip on wet or muddy surfaces.
This mountain bike is designed to be safe for younger riders. The following features are included:
- It features a full suspension aluminum frame and a 50mm steel crown fork.
- To make pedaling easier, the bike comes with a 24-inch alloy rim.
- You can get through any terrain with 21-speed twist shifters.
- Linear rear brakes provide a more efficient stop.
- The kickstand is already in place.
- It is necessary to have professional assembly.
- Some customers report multiple damaged or missing parts in their shipment.
- Multiple adjustments are required.
Amazon's rating for this bike is currently low. It needs to be improved. Low ratings are due to customer complaints about shipping and missing or damaged parts. They do not reflect the overall quality of the bike.
4. Kent KZ2600 Dual Suspension Mountain Bicycle
Mountain bikes are not all created equal. Kent's KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Bike is an example.
This bike is a step ahead of the rest, with its 36-spoke alloy wheels and floating beam suspension, mated to a suspension fork.
The suspension fork's full 65mm thickness absorbs more shock when driving on uneven terrains and provides greater control. The frame is strong and well-designed, with aluminum wheelsets with high-flange hubs to reduce debris buildup.
This bike has a unique braking system that includes disc brakes on its front suspension and a rear linear pull designed to allow for many mountain biking conditions.
Shimano's precision engineered shifting components make it easy to get up to speed quicker with its 21-speed shifters.
This mountain bike is more than just rugged looks. It's built to last.
Although features may look similar to other mountain bikes', its performance is unmatched.
- It is very easy to assemble in less than 40 minutes.
- 21-speed shifters are faster and more efficient.
- 65mm suspension fork absorbs shocks on rugged terrains
- Because of its high quality components, it provides a smoother ride.
- The front suspension has disc brakes and the rear has linear-pull brakes that can stop you whenever you need to.
- The parts are of low quality.
- It needs to be maintained daily.
- Some users find that the chain just keeps coming off.
Kent bikes are a great mountain bike for a reasonable price. They are backed by a company that has years of experience in producing quality bikes for all ages.
Are you a big fan of Kent? Read our Top 5 Kent Bikes Review.
5. Roadmaster Granite Peak Men's Bike
This bike delivers peak performance and can carry 250 pounds.
Here's a heavyweight bike!
The Roadmaster 26" Men's Granite Peak mountain bikes have a stylish 3-piece crank. It offers aggressive gear switching that effortlessly handles changing outdoor terrain.
It features a steel frame that is almost indestructible, 18 speeds that allow you to control your pace and strong, durable alloy wheels with linear brakes. This allows for both speed and performance.
This 26-inch all-terrain mountain bike is minimalist in design and will help you reach the top with ease.
- It's very affordable.
- For easy riding, use steel mountain frame geometry
- Three-piece mountain crank with wide range of gears.
- Linear pull brakes offer great stopping power.
- Suspension fork reduces bumps and improves control
- It can be used on many terrains.
- It comes with a uncomfortable saddle.
- It is very heavy.
- This bike is not suitable for taller riders.
The Roadmaster is rated highly on Amazon and has a lower price than comparable models.
Click the link for more information about these best mountain bikes under $200
6. Raleigh Talus 1
This lightweight mountain bike is for those who enjoy the performance and handling of a mountain bicycle without the hype.
It's made of a sturdy and reliable steel frame that will last for many years.
Alloy wheels make the Raleigh Talus 1 Recreational Mountain Bike able to handle all kinds of bumps and rough roads. The V-brakes provide faster than average responses for quick stops.
This is a great way for you to get your daily exercise and enjoy the great outdoors on a larger scale.
Raleigh's Raleigh bike features 21 gear combinations and tires that offer excellent traction on all surfaces.
This mountain bike is also well-built and features matching fenders as well as chain guards.
Raleigh Talus is , check out our Raleigh Talus II review.
- Shimano offers 21 gears for your choice in Shimano drivetrain.
- You can easily roll over bumps on 27.5" wheels with wide 2" tires.
- It features a lightweight steel frame.
- It is classic and mid-vintage in style.
- It comes with a comfortable saddle.
- This bike has no problems at the moment.
Amazon has given the bike a perfect rating, even though it only has one review. This bike is very well made and the price quoted is reasonable.
For more information about this multi-purpose women's bike, click the link below.
7. Mongoose R3577 Girl’s Maxim Full Suspension Bike
Mongoose R3577 is a Mongoose girl's mountain bike. The Mongoose R3577 girl's mountain bike is 24 inches in length and has a subtle purple color combination.
For smaller riders, the lightweight aluminum frame makes it easy to use and has perfect symmetry.
Mongoose's girl's bike features a comfortable, full suspension that absorbs bumps and allows the rider to maintain total control.
This bike is ideal for girls who enjoy riding.
The three-piece crank allows for a greater range of gears and is suitable for both novice and experienced riders.
This well-designed mountain bike's alloy linear brakes provide outstanding stopping power, no matter what the road or trail surface. The seat height adjustment is easy and requires no special tools. It can be done in just a few minutes.
This mountain bike is lighter than 40 pounds overall and continues a long tradition supported by a respected company.
- It is wider than the average knobby tire.
- Aluminum suspension frames provide maximum comfort and performance.
- 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur equipped with SRAM twist shifters. Changes gears quickly.
- It has a rear suspension spring that is rigidly mounted.
- It is quite heavy.
- It is necessary to replace the seats.
- Low-quality derailleurs
- This is not the right equipment for trail riding.
Amazon has given this bike a lower rating than expected, despite the fact that it is still quite affordable.
8. Huffy Mountain Bike
This smaller mountain bike is ideal for riders between 13 and 55 years old.
It features a Shimano TZ31 rear derailleur and a micro-shift twistshifter. This gives you 21 speeds for climbing, downhill or pure acceleration.
This hardtail frame bike in charcoal gloss is ideal for riders who want to conquer difficult trails and reach the top with less effort. The Kolo 1200 front-mounted suspension provides a smooth ride over bumps and through dips, making it easier than you thought.
The 26-inch knobby tires on this Huffy Mountain Bike dig into dirt and mud, ensuring traction for a wide range of trail riding adventures.
The handlebars are slightly raised so that you can maintain a comfortable, upright position without putting too much pressure on your back, shoulders, arms, or back.
These bikes are affordable and can be purchased without any restrictions.
- It ships 90% assembled so you don't have to worry about assembly.
- 24'' X 1 95'' knobby tires rip into dirt bike trails with ease.
- It features a quick release seatpost.
- Crayton grips are still comfortable to the touch.
- Smooth stopping with front and rear linear brakes
- It is made of steel, which makes it strong.
- Some customers report receiving damaged parts.
This bike is still a great buy despite having a lower rating than expected on Amazon due to shipping issues.
This bike can be used for entry-level and weekend riding, due to its low price and quality.
For more information about this mountain bike, click the link below:
Are you a big fan of Huffy? Read our Huffy Mountain Bike Review here!
9. Dynacraft Men's Equator Bicycle
A dynamic black frame with red accented tires will grab the attention of all who value quality.
This Dynacraft Men's Speed Equator Bike features a deluxe paint scheme with highlighted graphic accents. It makes a bold statement when you ride past other riders on the trail.
This bike has a full suspension, which is very welcome.
This bike can be used by all ages and is a one-size fits all vehicle. The 18-inch frame has dual support bracing that runs from the vertical frame to seat and back.
The saddle is well placed and does not pose any obstructions to the rider.
This 26-inch mountain is equipped with a 21-speed index derailleur and is ready to tackle the most challenging trails.
- The stylish frame and body are made of a black-red color combination.
- To prevent an accident, front and rear steel brakes.
- It has VL-320D quality handles.
- It comes with alloy wheels.
- Frame and forks are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for life.
- A manufacturer's lifetime warranty covers component parts.
- Additional assembly is required.
- The package does not include tools for assembly.
- Trail riding is not possible with alloy wheels.
This bike does not have an Amazon rating of at least average. It is, however, the most affordable currently.
Mountain bikes must be assembled by qualified professionals.
Click the link to see what else this bike has to offer:
10. Falcon 26" Mountain Bike
This bike is so appealing that you just have to look at it. It can be used as a road- or offroad bicycle with dual suspension aluminum frames.
The front and rear suspensions ensure that your tires are in contact with ground to give you greater control when turning sharp corners, or rolling over rocks.
The Merax Falcon Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle is an excellent value for money due to its many features. You will pay more if you go with a different model.
You can either glide on smooth roads or power through steep hills with the 21-speed Shimano derailleurs.
The handlebars are high-quality and designed to reduce stress and strain on the arms and shoulders.
According to past users, the frame has an adjustable saddle that adjusts to the body's natural shape.
Its appealing designs and great color choices will be a big hit with everyone. This bike is affordable and offers the best.
- Aluminum frame ultra lightweight, 26 inches in length. Easy transportability.
- Shimano 21 Speed Shifters & derailleurs offer smooth pedaling and reliable shifting.
- Linear pull brakes offer greater stopping power.
- It can be equipped with interchangeable brake pads, brake pads, or cables.
- The wheels are made with double-alloy rims.
- It is not recommended for long rides.
- It emits noticeable vibrations.
- The seat may be slightly uncomfortable so it might need to replaced.
Amazon has a great rating for this Merax Falcon 26 inch. It is an excellent entry-level mountain bike and will not disappoint. You can find more information about this bike at:
Before you buy a cheap mountain bike
You should choose the right number of gears based on how much riding you do. Consider your fitness level when choosing a bike with gears. You will need more gears if you are going up steep hills.
Mountain bikes usually come with two to three chainrings. Cassettes featuring 9, 10, or 11 cogs are the latest trend.
The bike's geometry will directly affect the geometry of your rider. A bike that is too big based on the rider's overall size is a waste of money and can lead to dangerous situations.
The bike's geometry determines the length of the suspension fork. The rider and the bike geometry must be in perfect harmony to ensure a more enjoyable experience.
It is just as important to find the right bike size for seniors as it is for college students, or tricycles that are fun for children. There is a bike that will fit everyone, no matter what.
Mountain bikes can be divided into three categories: full, rigid and hardtail. The most popular type of mountain bike is the rigid one.
Rigid has no shock-absorbing or suspension, as the name suggests. Only the front wheel of a hardtail bike has suspension.
These bikes have no rear suspension.
Full suspension mountain bikes can have both front suspension and rear suspensions. Full suspension mountain bikes can lock the rear suspension to increase climbing power.
Mountain bikes can have either disc or rim brakes.
All models, with the exception of the entry-level bikes, have a redesigned rim brake system. Disc brakes attach to a wheel hub with a brake rotor.
You can choose from two options: cable-activated or hydraulic. Hydraulic is preferred because it requires less effort and has better stopping power.
Rim brakes on the other hand grip on the wheel wheels with cable activation from the rider.
They are cheaper than disc brakes and easier to adjust. They can damage your bike's rims, which could lead to full wheel replacement. In wet and muddy conditions, rim brakes are less effective at stopping traffic.
The right tire can make your riding experience more enjoyable.
Mountain bikes typically have tires that are between 2.25 and 2.4 inches in width. Higher traction will be achieved with wider tires. For all types of mountain biking, tubeless tires are the best option.
Size of the wheel
There are two sizes of mountain bike wheels: 26-inch, 27.5-inch and 29 inches. The 27.5-inch size is more practical and allows for easy rolling on even the most difficult terrain.
Although the 29-inch wheels are quicker, they require more effort to get going. These wheels are great for long rides and remain popular with cross-country riders.
Mountain bike wheels are now available in 650B (27.5-inch) size. This tire splits the difference between 26-inch and 29 inch sizes.
Mountain bikes typically weigh between 30 and 38 pounds.
Due to the frame and bike composition, there are still differences in the weight.
Aluminum and alloy frames are lighter, but they might not be as durable for extreme riding like many people love.
You don't want to be carrying a heavy bicycle over rough terrains. You will have a much better riding experience if you use folding mountain bikes. They are lightweight and easy to transport on uneven terrains.
Mountain biking is the best way to see all of nature's beauty.
You can forget all about the stress and demands of work and enjoy a mountain bike that costs less than 200 dollars.
There are mountain bikes that can fit your riding style and budget.
Mountain biking allows you to connect with nature, whether it's in the mountains or on the lakes. This review will give you a quick overview of the top ten mountain bikes.
It is your duty to try out all the benefits of bike riding. Don't wait and take control.
Find the new you today!